Full Circle Adoptions
Full Circle Adoptions in Northampton, MA is welcoming email letters expressing interest in an internship for the fall 2015 semester. Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com if interested in being considered. The agency will only consider emailed resumes. The agency will contact students to arrange for interviews. The agency has a good track record of former interns going on to jobs and graduate work in social work or related fields.
Full Circle is a Hague accredited and state licensed domestic and international adoption agency. We work with both expectant parents and prospective adoptive families nationwide. Full Circle’s main office is in Northampton, right on the bus line. By the end of the internship, you will have a good sense of what it is like to work for and manage a non-profit organization. This internship is suited to a very organized, assertive self-starter who is able to articulate what they want to learn and what they have to offer. Interns are expected to commit to the highest degree of confidentiality and professionalism. Email to let us know if you would like to be a part of our team as an intern. This position is part-time and unpaid. We encourage you to talk with the appropriate office at your school about seeking college credit for the internship. You must make arrangements with your college to qualify.
Previous interns have assisted with creating power-point presentations, co-presented at conferences, completed initial drafts of useful documents and have learned about the day to day work of an adoption agency. Interns may have additional opportunities to help staff with:
• gathering information relevant to adoption cases and projects,
• implementing ideas relevant to agency programs,
• assisting with day-to-day aspects of case management,
• reviewing and implementing agency policies and practices, as well as State and Federal regulations governing adoptions,
• participating in periodic staff meetings and consultations with the agency’s office manager, case manager and director,
• helping agency with social media and google ad words marketing.
• Interns must understand the importance of and commit to the highest degree of confidentiality and professionalism.
• Interns are expected to be very organized and detail-oriented and self-starters.
• The agency is particularly interested in offering internships to students interested in considering a career in social work and students, who are considering other careers, who are studying sociology, marketing, business or poli-sci.